Thursday 29 November 2012

Evalation Question 4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

The audience for my media product would be mainly young females, who love Hip Hop and the artists. I believe that my media product establishes who the audience is for my product because of the way I presented the elements on the magazine and how I strongly highlighted the conventions within the product so that my target audience would automatically recognize who it was aimed at. 



These are the types of audience I hope my magazine will attract. 
My target audience will be people who were:

  • Brought up in a middle class family, therefore be a regular reader of the magazine.
  • Have a social life which includes listening to Hip-hop, 'RnB', Rap and just general Urban music and living the culture.
  • Be an avid buyer of musical products such as stereos, iPods, earphones/headphones. This means buying a magazine is just part of the lifestyle of this person.
  • They enjoy living the street life as well as having a decent education. This means the person is adapted to the street and city culture, as well as having a successful life.    
  • Watching TV on a regular basis to keep up with the latest news on favorite artists, as well as celebrities who relate to the Black music industry.
  • A person who isn't narrow minded, isn't ignorant, non-racist and accepts all cultures
  • Have a strong fashion sense related to the street/urban culture. Includes wearing maybe snapbacks, big t-shirts, baggy/slim fit jeans, jewellery, flashy trainers, anything relating to the Urban scene.

So after summarising a typical reader of my magazine, I decided to specify what kind of audience I want. A magazine company would normally have to choose what kind of audience they want using categories such as age, gender, race, class and religion.


  • Age: 16years old all the way to 23years 
  • Gender: Male and Female (but it will be mostly female)
  • Race: Black, Asian, White, Mixed
  • Class: Middle class, 'C2', 'D' and 'E' categories mostly.
  • Religion: Christian, Muslim, Athiest (any)







No comments:

Post a Comment