Thursday 29 November 2012

Evaluation Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?


I think that the kinds of media institutions that might distribute my media product would be institutions like Supermarkets like Asda and Tesco, I would want my magazine to be sold to one of those stores because they are two of the UK's leading supermarkets. This exposure for my magazine would be great, as it will help my magazine to be seen by a wide variety of people.




A Newsagents would also be another institution that could sell my magazine. It would be easier for people to buy and purchase as well because there are newsagents everywhere. Another great aspect of News Agents are that the magazine are always displayed in the correct area with the similar genre type of magazines, so if my magazine was with the other Hip Hop genre magazines it would more likely be purchased as the people that would go to the Hip Hop magazine zone would pay more attention than a Rock fan.












 



InterMedia Advisors, LLC, also known as InterMedia Advisors is a private equity investment firm focused on leveraged buyout and growth capital investments in the media sector. This is the publishing company who since 2009 have produced 'VIBE' hip hop magazine. This would be one of the institutions who would be suitable to publish my music magazine because they would understand the vision in which I want my magazine to be promoted to my audience because they also have experience in publishing with a magazine that has the same kind of target audience as well as the same genre.


Harris Publications Inc. is an American consumer-magazine publisher in New York City, New York, that publishes over 75 titles, including Juicy, XXL and King which are all hip hop male orienated magazines, which would be good for my magazine because this company is mainly targeted at the American male, and my magazine doesn't fit in with this but they could bring it in, inorder to target women as well as men. My magazine would benefit from this institution because they don't have a magazine like this in their company therefore my magazine wouldn't be competting within the same company, like it would if I was published by InterMedia Advidors.

Lastly, it could be possible that IPC media the publishers of NME, (The New Musical Express, popularly known by the initialism NME) would be interested in publishing me as they are a well known music publication in the United Kingdom,  which have been publishing the NME magazine, weekly since March 1952. This company would be a great institution to publish my magazine because they are situated in the UK which is where my artist is from. Although, they havent published a hip hop magazine it would be something different for the institution as they would be doing something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment